Smashed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hulk heading to the small screen

2 posters

Go down

Hulk heading to the small screen  Empty Hulk heading to the small screen

Post  Cracker Jack Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:04 pm

http://www.deadline.com/2010/11/guillermo-del-toro-and-david-eick-to-create-new-hulk-television-series-for-abc/

I don't know what to think of this other than, "no more Hulk movies." and that sucks
Cracker Jack
Cracker Jack

Back to top Go down

Hulk heading to the small screen  Empty Re: Hulk heading to the small screen

Post  Scandalous Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:26 pm

So you think this is not a good thing?

Scandalous
Admin

https://smashed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracker Jack Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:22 pm

Not really. I have lost any faith in Marvel and their ability to portray the Hulk in any capacity. Not saying I'm not going to watch, just that I don't expect anything close to what I considered the Hulk. All these years later and Slither Gamma was right
Cracker Jack
Cracker Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Scandalous Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:05 pm

What was he right about?

And what would hit the right "notes" for you in a project like this?

Scandalous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracker Jack Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:28 pm

That was more of a joke really Scandy O’l chap. But I believe he said something along the lines that they’re killing the Hulk.

What would hit my “notes”? Well they tried two different origins, I say why not try the classic origin. I wish I could tap into my head and show you the scene that is playing in my head for an opener.

3, 2, 1. Rumbling, shaking, a bright flash, a dark silhouette surrounded by near blinding white light, silent screaming slowly growing louder and louder along with the rumble of the explosion. Louder and louder and louder (shaking the theater) and then blinding white light. The kind that lights up an entire theater and make people cover their eyes, hold the light for 5 seconds and then complete black. Yeah, that’s what would really hit the high note for me.
Cracker Jack
Cracker Jack

Back to top Go down

Post  Scandalous Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:14 am

Well, I'm with you. We're probably stuck with some version of Banner in the lab chair for the duration, though--unfortunately.

As far as the show in particular:

On one hand, modern TV with HD, better FX and shorter seasons still seems like a ripe, unexplored area for superheroes--a perfect match if done correctly, and the Hulk has a history and a framework for episodic TV. And Del Toro's battle between Hellboy and Sammamel in the first film was very Kirby-esque to me. I would really like to see a good superhero show with the must-watch heat of THE WALKING DEAD, BSG or FRINGE--especially when I see elements from comics cribbed into these programs.

On the other, it seems really bizarre to launch a TV show immediately after the AVENGERS with the two having no connection to one another... especially with the Hulk requiring some level of FX that will be very daunting to a TV budget. Ruffalo's already had to answer the "What do you think about the Hulk TV show in production?" question, and he's 6 months out from shooting.

Strange timing, and feels a little WB-esque during the days when they had competing live-action Batman and Superman films in various stages of production.

Scandalous
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down