Smashed
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Marvel Movie vs. DC Movie / Let's Get Down To It

+2
Cracker Jack
Hulkzilla
6 posters

Go down

Marvel Movie vs. DC Movie / Let's Get Down To It Empty Marvel Movie vs. DC Movie / Let's Get Down To It

Post  Hulkzilla Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:41 am

Okay, just for silly fun,
(altho it could get ugly)
What is your favorite Marvel Movie?
Your favorite DC Movie?
Worst Marvel Movie?
Worst DC Movie?

Get down to it
Hit me with your best shot!
Hulkzilla
Hulkzilla

https://www.facebook.com/stevenp.lee

Back to top Go down

Marvel Movie vs. DC Movie / Let's Get Down To It Empty Re: Marvel Movie vs. DC Movie / Let's Get Down To It

Post  Cracker Jack Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:35 pm

Ok I'll get the ball rolling

Favorite Marvel Movie? Tuff choice between Iron Man and THI. Gota say Iron Man though

Favorite DC Movie? Hmm, Superman the Movie.

Worst Marvel Movie? Most disappointing? LOL everyone here knows that one I'm sure. I'd say the worst, that I has seen, was Dare Devil.

Worst DC Movie. Not big on DC but any of the thre Bat movies that followed Batman are right up there.
Cracker Jack
Cracker Jack

Back to top Go down

Marvel Movie vs. DC Movie / Let's Get Down To It Empty Re: Marvel Movie vs. DC Movie / Let's Get Down To It

Post  Scandalous Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:36 pm

Favorite DC:
SUPERMAN--THE MOVIE. Best mix of production value, casting, faithfulness to the source, technical prowess, and inspiration. BATMAN BEGINS a close second.

Favorite Marvel:
IRON MAN. Same as above.

Worst Marvel:

Cut away the barnacles like Corman's FF, Captain America, Man-THing & the Punisher--non (or extremely limited) theatrical releases which barely qualify as films.

Then there's mid-range messes like FF, Daredevil and Ghost Rider--poor executions with occasional high points.

After that you have high-dollar craptaculars like Spider-Man 3 and X-Men 3...terrible but too technically competent to qualify as "worst".

That leaves HOWARD THE DUCK: the worst theatrical Marvel film-- ever. When your film becomes synonymous with the "Ishtar" and "Heaven's Gate" --the kind of film that was made to launch franchises but instead ends careers--well, there you go. Two words, folks: Duck titties. If you've seen it, you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't: consider yourself lucky. I wasn't.

Worst DC:

The default choice for most seems to be BATMAN & ROBIN, which is utter crap and forced WB to re-think the entire approach to the franchise, but in all honesty BATMAN FOREVER stunk too, and George Clooney made a much better Bruce Wayne than (blonde!) Val Kilmer.

But reflect on this: The putrid CATWOMAN was released in 2004--seven years after BATMAN & ROBIN. That's right: Warner Bros was still producing this dreck after basically torpedoing the franchise. More importantly, it was released while BATMAN BEGINS was in full production! Sure, Superman III was a comedy and IV featured Superman's "Restore-the-Great-Wall-of-China-vision", but those were before the modern superhero movie era. Dude--Halle Berry had an Oscar and she was skating across the floor on the body of a jewel thief. The score was Britney Spears music. There was no excuse for this. It's tied for the worst, along with...

SUPERMAN RETURNS: If you've read my review on HulkSpace, you know what I thought. But who cares what I think? Here's all you need to know: WB...

1) stole Bryan Singer from FOX,
2) put every bit of marketing muscle they had behind it
3) deliberately cast it young for sequels,
4) watched it make almost $400m worldwide

...and is treating it like it never existed.

Worst Non-DC or Marvel:

Too many too mention, but...wow. THE SPIRIT. And Frank Miller said he was a longtime friend of Will Eisners.

Just think what the film would have been like if they'd been enemies!

Scandalous
Admin

https://smashed.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Hulkzilla Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:01 am

Thanks guys! Great stuff!!
Hulkzilla
Hulkzilla

https://www.facebook.com/stevenp.lee

Back to top Go down

Post  FearTheGreen Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:39 am

Favorite Marvel - This ones easy for me, Hulk. I fell in love with it the first time I saw it in the theater and then the second, and still love it after watching it probably 100 times or more.
Honorable mentions for Marvel...Iron Man, Spider-man 2, Blade 1 and 2. These are marvel movies I can watch over and over again and not get tired of them. Man...I wish we'd get one more Wesley Snipes Blade movie with perhaps GDT directing again.

Worst Marvel - Wow...there's a good list to choose from and kinda hard to pick. Big budget I'd have to go with Spider-man 3, I mean after two good movies (some critics calling the second one of the best superhero movies of all time) we get a dancing emo huge disaster of a flick. I mean there's so much to hate and dislike about.
Honorable mentions...Daredevil, Electra, Blade Trinity (although Ryan Rynolds does have some great one liners), Ghost Rider (this is probably worse then Spidey 3 but I never really thought they'd put out a good movie). I've never seen the original Fantastic Four unreleased movie or the Captain America one so I can't comment on those.

Favorite DC - Wow...this ones tough. Superman the Movie is fantastic and holds up fantastic (minus the whole spinning the earth backwards thing), Batman Begins and The Dark Knight are still amazing...I'm gonna wimp out and just pick all three. On any given day my answer would vary slightly and any of these could get the pick.

Worst DC - We have Catwoman, Superman Returns, Batman and Robin, all amazingly horrible trash. Plus the 3rd and 4th Superman movies...but I'm going to go with Catwoman as it has only one good feature, and that's an amazing looking Hally Barry. Otherwise it's got ZERO going for it, Superman Returns probably comes in a close second just because of how off the character was, and the beyond stupid attempt to try and make it a semi sequel to the first two movies (but only kinda) and the TV show.

Best Non Marvel/DC - The Crow, Sin City, and Watchmen come to mind (although Watchmen might be DC, not sure about that one). I can watch the Crow over and over again and never get tired of it so I'm going to give it the #1 pick here. Hellboy 2 though has to be my second choice, they just NAILED that movie fixing everything that was wrong with the first. Also 300 should get a nod as it's a visual powerhouse and just damn entertaining.

Worst Non Marvel/DC - Hmmm...The Spirit comes to mind, gonna have to go with that. I'm sure there's others but I can't think of any at the moment.
FearTheGreen
FearTheGreen

Back to top Go down

Post  Obi-Ron Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:25 am

Sure, I'll play...

Ang Lee's Hulk for sure. There may be others with better effects, or stories closer to the original comics, but seeing this movie could quite literally have saved my life. (I had the choice of going to bed or going to the movies, and my house burned down while I was out.)

Your favorite DC Movie?
Does V for Vendetta count? Hugo Weaving played the Dr. Doom we should have gotten.

If not, my fave is the original Swamp Thing. I was a kid when it came out and enjoyed it immensely.

Worst Marvel Movie?
Any of the Punisher movies that I did not bother seeing.

Worst DC Movie?
Batman and Robin, worst movie, period.

Best non-Marvel/DC
The Rocketeer. Mmmmm, Jennifer Connelly...

Worst non-Marvel/DC
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: Secret of the Ooze: Two words - ninja rap
Obi-Ron
Obi-Ron

Back to top Go down

Post  Naeriksgurl Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:01 pm

It's VERY close, but I think Iron Man beats Hulk 2003 by the slightest of margins. I have to say 'Kick Ass' (well Marvel publishes the comic anyway) may afford some competition for sheer entertainment value tho. We'll see on Friday. LOL.

Your favorite DC Movie?
The Dark Knight

Worst Marvel Movie?
I think Scandy hit the nail on the head with Howard the Duck. That movie is so full of fail.

Worst DC Movie?
Batman and Robin. period.

Best non-Marvel/DC
This one is tough. I could go with Sin City, 300, Hellboy, or The Crow, but I think I am going to swing in the other direction and pick Mystery Men. I friggin LOVE that movie!!!! It makes me happy.

Worst non-Marvel/DC
TMNT2 is as good a candidate as any methinks.

Naeriksgurl

https://www.facebook.com/DesignJones

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down